WISDOM COMES FROM GOD...
A "weak day" is when we don't believe we have purpose or value.
God's truth says WE ARE VALUABLE and OUR LIVES HAVE MEANING AND PURPOSE.
Our thoughts should line up with a Holy God who made us & has a perfect plan or our life!
DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK!
Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think!
Romans 12:2

Monday

Fires, Floods and Storms

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 

Isaiah 43:2


When storm clouds gathered over my life, I envisioned floodwaters rising and I thought I might drown. 

When a spark turned into a flame in my dwelling place, I believed the flames would consume me. These were real disasters sent to destroy me and my family. I honestly wondered “How long will this last?” “When will my suffering be over and when will I get my life back?”


I wanted to know, “What will I lose? How deep will the water get? And what will this fire burn that is mine.”


God’s word tells me He will be with me through deep waters and when I go through rivers of difficulty, I won’t drown. He says when I go through fires of oppression I won’t be burned up and the flames won’t consume me.


So, as I watched the flood waters rise around me, I tossed some stuff in that rushing water that I didn’t need to hold on to anymore. And as the flames grew higher, I took advantage of their ferociousness and I threw things in that I realized needed to burn.


I also asked God to let let the storm drown out the voices that I don’t need to listen to anymore.


Fires and floods destroy things but God says He will be with me through the fire and the flood. 


So, as I watched the water wash away the stuff in my life that needed to go and as I witnessed the fire burning up the things that needed to be destroyed, I ask God -- “Is there anything else?"


I sincerely prayed to Him to take whatever else was between me and Him. As I did that, I realized I wasn't asking anymore “How long?" I realized through this hardship that I would never get my life back the way it was before because it was not the life God wanted me to have.


As a result, I am now confident that when the sun shines again and the storm is only a distant memory…when the water has stilled and the last ember has become ash…my life won’t look the same…I’ll be refined...I'll be cleansed. My faith will be stronger and I’ll give God much praise. 

KL


 

These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:7 

Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. Psalm 51:2 

To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3  

Yet I am confident I will see the LORD's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress.Psalm 107:6

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones You have crushed rejoice. Hide Your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. — Psalm 51:7–10